Pan-fried Abalone and Scallop with Vegetables and Yuzu Salsa
Recipe by Takaaki Komagata,
Kiri Japanese Restaurant Owner Chef
Ingredients (3 - 4 servings):
- 3 pieces Ausab Premium Australian Abalone, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight.
- 8 pieces scallop meat
- 8 pods sugar snap peas
- 1 tomato, diced into 5mm cubes (remove the seeds)
- 1/3 large cucumber, diced into 5mm cubes
- 1/2 red onion, diced into 5mm cubes
- 1 cob sweet corn kernels, boiled and removed from the cob
- Salt and paper, to season the scallop
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- 50ml yuzu juice (Use lime or lemon if yuzu is not available)
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean the abalone and thinly slice.
- Mix the yuzu juice, grape seed oil, soy sauce, and black pepper together.
- Remove and discard the stem end and string from each sugar snap pod. Boil them for 2 minutes, drain and cut into bite size pieces.
- Set a frying pan over high heat and add some vegetable oil. Pan-fry the abalone very quickly and remove from the pan.
- Season the scallop with salt and paper and lightly pan-fry. Place the sugar snap peas in the same pan just to char the skins.
- Lay the abalone, scallop and sugar snap peas on a plate. Combine the diced vegetables and yuzu dressing, and spoon over.